Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Video: Christian Nudism  (Read 6188 times)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Video: Christian Nudism
« on: November 11, 2011, 03:28:18 am »

If you wish to comment on this video, could you please post your comments directly on YouTube rather than on this forum?  That would be much appreciated. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Video: Christian Nudism
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:56:24 am »
Would you mind posting the transcript?
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:17:30 pm »
http://site.themarriagebed.com/christian-nudism

Some of what the author says is true, other times he's off the mark.  This is why I'm going more for the 'free range naturism/nudism' than traditional club nudism. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 10:31:39 pm »
Some of what the author says is true, other times he's off the mark.

I think he starts being off the mark when he talks about "Christian nudism". You wouldn't say your hobbies are "Christian golf" or "Christian Scuba Diving". This kinda reminds me of Superman who feels the need to add "Super" to any mundane activity he does.

There's no Christian nudism, just Christians practicing nudism.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 04:37:55 am »
That's very true, Dan.  From reading the article, he has brought up some valid points.  Mainstream Christians accept everyone into their church no matter where they are coming from.

TRUE:

Some nudist clubs refuse entry to single men, as well as families (this is still the case in Australia with a number of clubs showing favouritism to m/f couples and single ladies only)

There is no Bible verse that forbids the practice of nudism

Christian nudists can and do face persecution and excommunication from their church if their pastor and/or congregation find out.  Not all churches are like that, but a good many are - from my experience I've been kicked out of a couple of Catholic and AOG churches in my younger years when I tried to do a talk about nudism for their youth groups.

There is a lot of secrecy about nudism (especially in Australia), and I, too find telling the truth to be a greater freedom than being secretive about my nudist activities

FALSE:

40% of nudists are swingers - I don't know how true this is, but going from my experience when I've advertised my nudist dos in Brisbane, a good 90% of the callers have been single men who've asked "This isn't a swingers group, is it?"

All nudist women who attend clubs are part of a couple.  There are several nudist women who are happily single.

Nudism is a spousal wedge, and some men get divorced because their wife won't take part in nudism.  I've never heard this before.  I know some nudist men who've been happily married for years whose wives won't take part in it, but have no problem with them doing so.  It is lack of love and open, honest communication in marriages which becomes a wedge - not nudity itself.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 06:01:31 am »
Nudism is a spousal wedge, and some men get divorced because their wife won't take part in nudism.

But swinging is and the author seems a bit confused on the distinction. It might be where he is coming from.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:54 am »
Some of what the author says is true, other times he's off the mark.

I think he starts being off the mark when he talks about "Christian nudism". You wouldn't say your hobbies are "Christian golf" or "Christian Scuba Diving". This kinda reminds me of Superman who feels the need to add "Super" to any mundane activity he does.

There's no Christian nudism, just Christians practicing nudism.
:e2w

Perfectly answered.

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 04:04:36 pm »
Almost universally it is the man who becomes interested in this, and almost universally the woman is opposed. They even have a name for this. It is called "the reluctant spouse syndrome.

I beg to differ on that one.  I've known several girls who thought nudism sounded like a fun thing to try but but couldn't do it because "my boyfriend would never go for that."  In my experience the difference between a reluctant male partner and a reluctant female partner (in a heterosexual relationship) is that a reluctant female is more likely to say "I'll go, you can get naked but I'm keeping my swimsuit on."  Too many reluctant males says "we're not doing that because I don't want you to get naked in front of other guys."

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 04:00:33 am »
Nudism is a spousal wedge, and some men get divorced because their wife won't take part in nudism.

But swinging is and the author seems a bit confused on the distinction. It might be where he is coming from.

Do you know any swinger couples whose marriages have been ruined once they entered into it?  I know a few who are quite happily married and been swingers for years. 

Swinging is not for everybody, and for a marriage to be able to survive it both partners need to be completely devoid of jealousy and deception.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 04:03:59 am »
Do you know any swinger couples whose marriages have been ruined once they entered into it?  I know a few who are quite happily married and been swingers for years. 

Swinging is not for everybody, and for a marriage to be able to survive it both partners need to be completely devoid of jealousy and deception.

Your second sentence is the point I was making. Swingers boast that surveys say they are happier couples than the average but I'm pretty sure this is because it destroys weak relationships so they aren't around to be surveyed.

Of course, you shouldn't try swinging if your relationship isn't solid, based on trust, devoid of jealousy. But people are stupid.