Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Television, Movies and Theatre / Re: SciFi show poll
« Last post by Octavia on November 29, 2021, 11:09:38 pm »
personally to me, star trek feels different since the jj reboot movies. honestly I'm kind of surprised star wars didn't get split up since that absolutely has felt very different in like classic vs prequel era vs disney era

I'm the kind of person who likes to find ways to split data tho

Things evolve over time. The original Star Trek from the 60s feels very different from season 3 of TNG, which feels very different from season 6 of Deep Space Nine, which feels very different from Enterprise, which feels different from discovery, etc, but they're all still the same franchise with the same themes at heart. If you want to split them the only fair way is to split every show into its own category, and even then shows like TNG, Enterprise, and Discovery evolve quite a bit over the seasons.

Star Wars though I'll grant you, the post-disney stuff is a mess (I maintain that the Last Jedi was a good movie and shouldn't have been ignored when they were making Rise of Skywalker though).
Introductions (Mandatory) / Re: A new one :)
« Last post by swede on November 29, 2021, 10:18:07 pm »
Welcome from Sweden. Hope you have a good time here. Congrats on growing up nude! Is your family a part of a naturist organization?
Introductions (Mandatory) / Re: A new one :)
« Last post by ron on November 29, 2021, 08:32:39 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
« Last post by Infinity Biscuit on November 29, 2021, 07:54:15 pm »
personally to me, star trek feels different since the jj reboot movies. honestly I'm kind of surprised star wars didn't get split up since that absolutely has felt very different in like classic vs prequel era vs disney era

I'm the kind of person who likes to find ways to split data tho
« Last post by Hrafn on November 29, 2021, 07:30:54 pm »
I used to love Stargate. Haven't watched in ages though
« Last post by Octavia on November 29, 2021, 07:16:02 pm »
I don't think it's fair to separate some franchises into multiple eras, and I definitely don't think it's fair to put your personal opinions of some of them in the poll itself (I say this as someone who's seen exactly one episode of Doctor Who in my life). I am a star trek person myself and I would have voted for it if it was one option but separating it like this bothers me. It's not like Star Trek became a different franchise after the Abrams movies. The new shows don't even have anything to do with Abrams' films, so using him as a dividing line makes no sense to me. Deep Space 9 will probably always be my favorite version of trek but there's a lot to like with new Trek too and I object to them being treated as separate entities.
« Last post by Fishandchips on November 29, 2021, 05:59:32 pm »
I was gonna pick Star Trek but for me Star Wars bring back so many childhood memories

They both do with me
Television, Movies and Theatre / Re: The Last Movie you saw
« Last post by rockasocka1992 on November 29, 2021, 05:58:57 pm »
John Wick 3 :).
« Last post by Gaberone on November 29, 2021, 05:58:38 pm »
I was gonna pick Star Trek but for me Star Wars bring back so many childhood memories
« Last post by Infinity Biscuit on November 29, 2021, 05:50:09 pm »
my favorite sci fi show is Legend of the Galactic Heroes

of the television on the list I'm going to go with classic Star Trek because I loved TNG as a kid and have good memories watching DS9 w a former partner
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10