Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Trip report: Breaker Bay in Wellington, NZ  (Read 10245 times)

cc71

Re: Trip report: Breaker Bay in Wellington, NZ
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 08:39:08 am »
I read, I think it was on Kiwiblog that most of Wellington's beaches are now topfree/nude. The downside would be Wellington's climate of course.

Offline seamus

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Trip report: Breaker Bay in Wellington, NZ
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 04:43:40 am »
I know it's been ages since anyone has posted on this thread, but Breaker Bay was my first real naturist experience so I thought I would respond. It's a stunning beach. Not super great for swimming since the wind comes through from the Cook Strait and the currents are hella strong. You could surf since the break is so great, but it's not super smart unless you know exactly where the rocks are. The water's frigid too!

The nude portion of the beach starts about 1/3 of the way down the beach, just past the rock arch. Anywhere past that is great. The beach is more of a pebble situation then white sand, so it can be a bit of a trek to get to where you want to be. Further down, there are great little inlets that shelter you from the wind, so you can actually enjoy the beach in a good range of weather - making the effort worth it.

It really is fantastic to lie in the sun and enjoy watching the ferry come through. It's also refreshing to be able to get naked in a city as cold as Wellington can be! All in all, amazing beach.