Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Concerts  (Read 8366 times)

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
  • Referrals: 0
Concerts
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:47:00 am »
The missus and i are off to see AC/DC in a months time and recently saw Ben harper and Pearl Jam, What concerts have you been to recently or are due to go to..

randomer909

Re: Concerts
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »
ACDC and Pearl Jam would be great to go and see!

In May I'm going to see Metallica, and I can't wait as they're my favourite band ever! :786

Pixie

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:10:52 pm »
Hubby and I saw U2 in Chicago in September it was AMAZING!!!!! We are going to see them again this summer in Toronto probably.

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:57:01 pm »
Those are some groovy band mentioned above and i have seen many of them myself but unfortunately they dont often come to New Zealand so theres often a wait of 10 to 15 years between seeing them again. My fav band ever is Iron Maiden and ive seen them a few times and met 3 of the members.

randomer909

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:03:22 am »
Those are some groovy band mentioned above and i have seen many of them myself but unfortunately they dont often come to New Zealand so theres often a wait of 10 to 15 years between seeing them again. My fav band ever is Iron Maiden and ive seen them a few times and met 3 of the members.
Yeah I've seen Iron Maiden too, in London, on their Sonewhere Back In Time Tour. They were epic to say the least! Brilliant live performances and they are one of the greats in terms of showmanship, no doubt about it. Did they visit NZ on that tour a couple of years ago? Is that how you saw them? Or was it an 80s tour?

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 05:28:08 am »
I saw them on the somewhere tour but met them 16 years ago on thier previous time here. They are my fav band eva and i am a member of the Iron Maiden Holdings run Fan Club. Its a great club as its run by their own company and living in the UK or Europe you would be able to make full use of the benefits of membership I attended a Drum Workshop with Niko and got on the Piss with Dave and Jannick at a Auckland pub.

astrolot

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 03:37:43 pm »
ive been to mark knopfer in berlin at his tour in 2005. is was amazing, he played open air in the "waldbühne". the people felt the music. i love his music.
 :908

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 05:12:44 pm »
saw Mark Knopfler as part of Dire Straits a couple of times in the eighties. Jumped the fence to get in one time. Other bands i have seen one or more times are:

AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Dio, Ozzie Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Rose Tattoo, Motor Head, Metalica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Kiss, Sex Pistols, Living Colour, U2, BB King, Jimmy Barnes, Ben Harper, Pink Floyd, Faith no More, The Down.

And there are others but thats just off the top of my head, i had forgotten about Dire straits till Knopfler was mentioned.

randomer909

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 06:05:22 pm »
saw Mark Knopfler as part of Dire Straits a couple of times in the eighties. Jumped the fence to get in one time. Other bands i have seen one or more times are:

AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Dio, Ozzie Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Rose Tattoo, Motor Head, Metalica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Kiss, Sex Pistols, Living Colour, U2, BB King, Jimmy Barnes, Ben Harper, Pink Floyd, Faith no More, The Down.

And there are others but thats just off the top of my head, i had forgotten about Dire straits till Knopfler was mentioned.
That is an amazing list Colin!!!!! :2345

You have brilliant taste in music :786

:345678

Offline egonspengleruk

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 06:11:13 pm »
My last gig was John Mayer when he was over here a couple years ago at the Royal Albert Hall. Tried to get tickets for a couple weeks time by they sold out in minutes :(

Offline megidoflame

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 04:55:45 pm »
i've got planned for the coming months:
demonical
warbeast/fractured insanity (lots of belgian bands that gig)
finntroll/eluveitie
master
suffocation/annotations of an autopsy/fleshgod apocalypse
dying fetus/carcass/human mincer/ (neurotic deathfest in the netherlands)
bolt thrower/rotting christ/dew scented
and then june it's graspop with kiss/immortal/all shall perish/behemoth/nile/ etc....

Britta

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 11:59:11 am »
I don't go often to concerts - but in may I want to go to Stefanie Heinzmann

Offline Pitti

• Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 09:50:15 am »
The best concert I've experienced was Dir en grey in Dresden.

Great atmosphere, great fans and great band.

Great was the concert of Die Toten Hosen last year, even though I had a little quarrel with such an idiot.
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Offline egonspengleruk

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 03:49:12 pm »
Woohoo!!!!
Going to see John Mayer in May! Turns out a mate used to be part of the fan club still gets the fan club emails, and therefore the prerelease ticket code! Woohoo! Wembley here I come!

Offline megidoflame

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 08:36:33 pm »
The best concert I've experienced was Dir en grey in Dresden.

Great atmosphere, great fans and great band.

Great was the concert of Die Toten Hosen last year, even though I had a little quarrel with such an idiot.

dir en grey is one of the bands i REALLY want to see, a mate of me has seen them about 6 times already and i'm sol jealous