Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Thoughts on Steelbooks?  (Read 826 times)

Offline Mochaisnaked

• Casually Dressed
  • It was all a dream!
  • Referrals: 0
Thoughts on Steelbooks?
« on: August 14, 2023, 12:19:10 pm »
So I bought a PS5 last year after working my ass off at a summer job. It was my first ever console that I actually bought with my own money and could say belonged solely to me. Once I started buying games, I found myself attracted to the idea of starting a game collection, specifically one of physical editions of games since I thought the switch to digital copies was super lame. Once I started getting digital copies, I started looking for steelbooks because I thought they added another layer of specialty to my collection, and generally had more minimalist artwork that I loved.

I even began to seek out custom steelbooks online for games that didn’t come out with one. I even spent 100$ on the FF15 deluxe edition just for the (absolutely beautiful) steelbooks. I wanted to know if anyone else had this intense desire to collect steelbooks? I’ve had other people call it dumb and a waste of time, but I wanted to get your opinions on it.

-Mocha
-Mocha ☕️

Offline Thymington

• Hmm yes very naked.
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
Re: Thoughts on Steelbooks?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 05:31:44 pm »
I don't wanna collect 'em, but they're cool.
Hope you're having a good day!

Offline TRENCH

• Nude without Towel
  • DM if you want to talk
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 12:12:06 pm »
They are cool and if i can buy one i will do it but i don't search specifically for them.

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 01:08:25 pm »
I think I got one or two as a kid, but I don't care much about them. If anything, they make the game look out-of-place on my tv shelf because now the case does not match with the other games 😛

But if you are into collecting them, they definitely are a bit more special than the normal cases.
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 07:45:09 pm »
Think steelbooks are great.
Bought the steelbook blu ray of John Wick 4 a few weeks ago :).

Just collect what you like and think is cool, not what some other people think is cool ;).
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline spongeman

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 08:00:37 pm »
This is the first time I hear about Steelbooks, but according to my 2 cents, any kind of physical media that is used to represent digital goods is a waste of space. And that's not because I have some stylistic preference, it's just purely practixal: if this thing can fit on a microSD card and work the exact same way, why would I want it to take more physical space than that? I've never bought a physical game, but I've bought music CDs and I always rip them and throw out the CD.

On the other hand, I understand people who want to collect certain types of packaging as pieces of art, just like people collect coins or stamps, but I wouldn't have anywhere near enough space at home for that - they're way bigger than stamps  :laugh: