Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Lupin Lodge to be sold  (Read 835 times)

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Lupin Lodge to be sold
« on: November 10, 2023, 01:23:57 pm »
I have been subscribed to Lupin Lodge's newsletter and received this in my email:

Dear Friends of Lupin Lodge,

In this letter I would like to directly share with you upcoming changes for the Lupin Lodge club and to avoid rumors. It is with a heavy heart and with much consideration and many sleepless nights that I must announce to you my upcoming retirement from Lupin Lodge.

I have been a member of Lupin for 41 years. I have managed Lupin Lodge myself for the last 18 years. When I first took over from Glyn, I thought I would be doing this for just three years. Since Glyn’s passing in November of 2015, I have been solely responsible for the management of the club and Lupin property with an ever-increasing workload. I have put in long working hours, often 24/7 for nearly two decades. Managing Lupin has been often so intense that I needed to back-burner my own successful art career.

It is time now to retire, to take better care of myself and focus my efforts on my highest priority, the health of my family. After some eye-opening meetings with my cardiologist, I realize that I need to consider my own health first and foremost.

With my retirement the Lupin Lodge club and the property on which we operate will go up for sale. The listing of the property will take place within a few weeks.  Lupin Lodge is a separate entity and could be preserved on this property or another depending on the individuals who are involved.

It is with all my heart that I wish for Lupin Lodge to continue without me. We have a former member and neighbor with extensive business experience who is willing to invest seven figures in the effort to continue Lupin. He is looking for additional investors to help. If you would like to be involved sign up on the website www.Lupinclub.com.

There are several other options that I have thought of and probably many more. Our team involved with the sale would favor a bid for the property or separately the club by a potential consortium of Friends of Lupin. That could be a co-op or other naturist entity, landed or non-landed.

Please understand to continue Lupin on this property would face many challenges, including significant increases in taxes, insurance, compliance with new regulations, ADA, disability upgrades, septic upgrades and other deferred maintenance. Keeping Lupin compliant could require millions of dollars beyond a purchase. However, the wealth of the Bay Area is considerable, and we might find these backers.

Our sister club, Sequoians in Castro Valley, established in 1947, still operates as a co-op. I have great respect for the Sequoians. Friends of Lupin might consider application for Sequoians membership https://sequoians.com.

My late husband Glyn always insisted that I put family first and that is what I intend to do. I have also promised myself to pursue my art career again as my health permits. I have given my very best to Lupin day-by-day over the decades and it is now time to pass the baton.

I realize that this change is disruptive for many of us. I truly hope that you will support this change and find a way to continue supporting the Lupin that we all love.

I am proud that the Stout Family has been able to provide 47 years of Bay Area Naturism. It was a wild ride. Thank you all for being a part of it.

Naturally,

Lori Kay Stout

Could very well be an end of an era for that region of Bay Area naturism, depending on who the potential buyers end up being. 

Official press release: https://mcusercontent.com/eb62aced5533169705e797c88/files/f5d51c3e-a4b3-1938-58c2-aec172f696ad/Lupin_Press_Release_10_24_23_Final.pdf
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 03:06:02 pm by NudistMetalHead »
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
Re: Lupin Lodge to be sold
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 09:54:00 pm »
Hopefully it's not bought for its property but by naturists to keep it going. I've understood that it's a historic venue

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 11:25:41 pm »
I hope they get the investors they need to be able to continue.

Offline swede

• Guy Talk
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 14
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 11:10:29 am »
I guess one problem with places like these when they are privately owned is that the owner (presumably) bought it when the area was less developed and rural, now want to sell it at market price, which can never be paid by naturism, either a collective or as a bisness. Theres too little money in it. Idl about property prices there, but looking at the map, it's vicinity to San fransisco and San jose doesn't make it look cheap.

If the owner was a idealist, they's sell it to some new young naturist enthusiasts that want to continue the legacy at the same price they bought it (adjusted for inflation ofc), but who would be that generous? Probably not me at least:)

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 02:44:08 pm »
I guess one problem with places like these when they are privately owned is that the owner (presumably) bought it when the area was less developed and rural, now want to sell it at market price, which can never be paid by naturism, either a collective or as a bisness. Theres too little money in it. Idl about property prices there, but looking at the map, it's vicinity to San fransisco and San jose doesn't make it look cheap.

If the owner was a idealist, they's sell it to some new young naturist enthusiasts that want to continue the legacy at the same price they bought it (adjusted for inflation ofc), but who would be that generous? Probably not me at least:)

The California Bay Area is one of the more expensive areas in the state (the state as whole is not cheap to live in).  If there was any hope that it could remain as a naturist business, it would have to depend on just how much business they have gotten over the years since Lori Kay Stout was running it.  If the numbers show that a profit can be made based on them, then it may be in the new owners' (whoever they may be) best interest to keep it as it has been.  Of course, if they want to improve on the place, it'll mean membership and visitor rates will no doubt have to go up.

I only have ever visited once, but it was quite populated when I visited there.  It is a sizeable property with plenty of activities for nudists to partake.  I just wish it wasn't a pain in the ass to get to the place.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Sunlover

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Nude whenever possible
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 04:50:34 pm »
As @NakedShadow cited in another thread, a huge sum of $32.8 million was bid by the owner, it seems unlikely that this place will have much to do with nudism after its acquisition :( No one will invest that much in such a niche
Feel free to send me PMs on any subject!

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 07:30:36 pm »
As @NakedShadow cited in another thread, a huge sum of $32.8 million was bid by the owner, it seems unlikely that this place will have much to do with nudism after its acquisition :( No one will invest that much in such a niche

Another one bites the dust 🙁