Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Virtual Reality  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
    • Absolute Freedom
Virtual Reality
« on: February 04, 2024, 01:02:15 am »
So I'm kinda surprised to see nothing here about virtual reality.

I bought Quest 2 a couple years back and it was a life changing item for me. I've now upgraded to the Quest 3.

There's great fully fleshed out immersive games like Walking Dead, Red Matter, Asgard's Wrath 2, and fun activity games like Walkabout Mini Golf, Table Tennis, and Billards. There's exploration in and out of this world in 3D scanned environments such as the International Space Station, or you can just visit another country, or see more of your own. There are amazing artistic apps such as Virtuoso which throws standard music creation out in favor of a more interactive method of music creation, or if you'd like to try oil painting Vermillion will release your inner Bob Ross in no time. As an introvert I don't do a lot of real life socializing, but in social games online like RecRoom I find it much easier to have fun and some light socializing or it's always a crazy time in the PVP mode of Zero Caliber with less socially and more slaughter.

If anyone does have a Quest 2 or 3 I'm there under @TheMysticSaint.

Rob Newell
Florida, USA

Nudism Promotion and more below:
Twitter @IntrepidFreedom
BlueSky @absolutefreedom.bsky.social
Tumblr @AbsoluteFreedom001
youtube.com/channel/UCWw1VqMzyS18bwz2a8U3PZg
Art - http://rjnewell0.wix.com/beautyofnature - facebook.com/BeautyOfNatureArts/

Offline Totallynotbev

• he/him/his
  • Nude with Towel
  • PM me cute cat pics
Re: Virtual Reality
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 02:13:17 pm »
I have a budget racing sim with a rift cv1 I bought before COVID for $125 and a wheel setup I bought from a friend for 60 bucks. Lots of fun. I've tried other VR games but they never really appealed to me

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 03:42:13 pm »
I tried some racing games on quest, but I've found that I have a high level of motion sickness with most of them.

I've never tried out the rift or a high level racing sim. Most of what's available on the quest are kart style racing.

I've encountered two races I could play without any issue, and I'm not really sure what the difference is between them and others.
V-Speedway is one and although the graphics were basic the driving experience was very realistic, I did well, and took to it as easily as driving a real car. The other is called Runner, and is a high speed futuristic motorcycle race. That one is very much an arcade style racer and while fun initially, it gets boring fast.

Not sure if you just like racers, but there are a lot of options out there currently and much easier to use with quest 2&3 not requiring a ridiculously expensive computer.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 04:58:38 pm »
I have a budget racing sim with a rift cv1 I bought before COVID for $125 and a wheel setup I bought from a friend for 60 bucks. Lots of fun. I've tried other VR games but they never really appealed to me
I recommend flight sims, but you can get locked into gear acquisition syndrome almost as quickly as with racing sims.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 05:20:44 pm »
What sort of gear does that even take?

Obviously not on Quest 3! 😂

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 05:26:23 pm »
Depends on what you fly. A stick or yoke, a throttle of your choice, some rudder pedals, and potentially switch boxes. Multiple sticks if you are into spaceflight.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Totallynotbev

• he/him/his
  • Nude with Towel
  • PM me cute cat pics
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 05:27:06 pm »
I recommend flight sims, but you can get locked into gear acquisition syndrome almost as quickly as with racing sims.

I tried MFS2020 and it sucked in VR. The controls were just an adaptation of controller.ones. Tried VTOL and got nauseous really fast. Controls were awesome tho
:)

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 05:41:19 pm »
Wow, yeah, I think I'll stick to more traditional and affordable Quest 3 video games. 👍🏻

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 05:44:55 pm »

I tried MFS2020 and it sucked in VR. The controls were just an adaptation of controller.ones. Tried VTOL and got nauseous really fast. Controls were awesome tho
Worked reasonable enough with a proper HOTAS. What did you use, VR controllers?

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2024, 08:51:57 pm »
I still have a quest 1 and it's still something I use regularly.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2024, 12:10:15 am »

I missed out on the Quest 1. My first modern VR experience was in Best Buy when I got to test PSVR1 & Oculus Rift. Not having the money for either I checked out of the scene until many years down the line. 

So with Quest 1 will it play the same games that 2&3 will or has it been left behind by the technological advancements?

What are your favorite games?

Offline Redfrigginriot

• Empress of Bees
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Just a naked nerd. Feel free to DM.
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 09:43:08 am »

I missed out on the Quest 1. My first modern VR experience was in Best Buy when I got to test PSVR1 & Oculus Rift. Not having the money for either I checked out of the scene until many years down the line. 

So with Quest 1 will it play the same games that 2&3 will or has it been left behind by the technological advancements?

What are your favorite games?
I wouldn't really know. I pretty much just use it for beat saber and VRchat.
I cast destroy pants at third level.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2024, 02:02:26 pm »

I wouldn't really know. I pretty much just use it for beat saber and VRchat.
[/quote]

Ah, I went on VR chat a couple times but that just why for me. There were just to many random loud mouth children.

I played the Best Saber demo and I would have absolutely bought that, but then I realized there is a completely free version @ https://moonrider.xyz/ which you seen access through the meta browser. It's pretty great and there are so many songs it's impossible to play them all.

Offline JoyousLemons

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • She/her
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 07:29:45 am »
I've had my OG HTC VIVE for a good like 5-6 years now? I've been wanting to upgrade my VR setup for a while now cause I definitely need something wireless, with better tracking, and a higher resolution/refresh rate.

I mostly use it for Beat Saber and Blade & Sorcery cause those are super fun. Wish there were more bigger VR games

Offline Fishandchips

• Guy Talk
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Nude when possible he/him
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 10:39:14 pm »
I've had my OG HTC VIVE for a good like 5-6 years now? I've been wanting to upgrade my VR setup for a while now cause I definitely need something wireless, with better tracking, and a higher resolution/refresh rate.

I mostly use it for Beat Saber and Blade & Sorcery cause those are super fun. Wish there were more bigger VR games

My god I didn’t realise VR has been so widely available for that long