Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nothing beats being in the buff  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Nothing beats being in the buff
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:52:33 pm »
Heffron Independent candidate Stuart Baanstra has called for nudity to be allowed anywhere at anytime.

“We would simply like the opportunity to walk down to the shops and do some shopping and have a coffee in the nude rather than the club or beach thing, we just want to get out and about,” he said. “We should also be able to go to work and use public transport in the nude.”

When questioned on the issue of hygiene, the long time Mascot resident said he thought nudity could encourage people to be cleaner.

“There might be requirement on public transport to provide your own towel,” he suggested.

Although Mr Baanstra, 48, admitted it would not be proper to force people to be nude, he thought Parliament House would be a good place to start.

“If representatives could be nude that would send a very clear message to the rest of the population,” he said.

As part of Mr Baansta’s campaign, he is applying to have his own Mardi Gras float in the parade on March 5.

“I have to sell nudity as a gay issue as well,” he said. “I think it will help acceptance of minority groups, and a whole range of social issues to have greater acceptance,” he said.

From: http://southern-courier.whereilive.com.au/news/story/nothing-beats-being-in-the-buff/
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Nothing beats being in the buff
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:11:52 pm »
Roll on 26th March - we are expecting a change of State Government but I don't think Stuart will be part of it!

I once lived in the electorate of Heffron - very Labor but conservative.  The heartland of Russell Crowe's Bunnies.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

cc71

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:08:43 pm »
I fully support this guy even though I don't live in his electorate. Nudity should be nothing to be ashamed of.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 12:27:16 pm »
I'm not so sure about the efficacy of this. 

Much as I would be in favour of it, it is unrealistic to think that current society is going to allow casual nudity on main street, the effort should be concentrated on something within the realm of the possible, like free public beaches and free use of public lands.  Also, it is a disservice to attempt to tie the nudist issue to the gay issue;  there is no logical link between the two and forcing the linking will garner more detractors than supporters. 

The guy is a nut job.  More light and less heat is required --- education, not controversy.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 01:22:44 pm »
I'm not so sure about the efficacy of this. 

The guy is a nut job.  More light and less heat is required --- education, not controversy.

He has had some more coverage (bad pun) in the past few days and you are right he doesn't understand how to have a simple message.  I believe if he said we want broader access to nude venues, the reintroduction of light rail to the eastern suburbs and closure of the Orica site he would hit three issues people care for.

As it is he is a nutter - but then again there is a history of nutters and no hopers in the NSW Parliament.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:53:12 pm »
He has had some more coverage (bad pun)
Exposure. Textiles have coverage.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:31:30 pm »
Just a follow up - the election has been held. 

He didn't register to stand.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 11:28:23 am »
Just a follow up - the election has been held. 

He didn't register to stand.

So the whole adventure marks him in the public mind as "gay exhibitionist nutter" and serves to create or reinforce public negative perceptions about naturism.  Well done.  Not!
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West