Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Hobbit is coming finallly  (Read 8874 times)

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
The Hobbit is coming finallly
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »
It's on! Peter Jackson's two-film The Hobbit, just recently greenlit after a long stretch in development hell, suddenly has a cast. Specifically, it now has eight dwarves and a Bilbo Baggins.

A press release from Warner Bros. now confirms the talk we've heard that Martin Freeman will play the lead role of Bilbo Baggins. Also joining the cast are Richard Armitage, Rob Kazinsky, Aidan Turner, Graham McTavish, John Callen, Stephen Hunter, Mark Hadlow and Peter Hambleton.

Martin Freeman

Armitage (from MI-5 and the upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger) will play Thorin Oakenshield, the leader of the Company of Dwarves.

"Despite the various rumours and speculation surrounding this role, there has only ever been one Bilbo Baggins for us," says Peter Jackson. "There are a few times in your career when you come across an actor who you know was born to play a role, but that was the case as soon as I met Martin. He is intelligent, funny, surprising and brave -- exactly like Bilbo and I feel incredibly proud to be able to announce that he is our Hobbit."

More from the Company of Dwarves -- for you Dwarf fanatics out there: Turner (Being Human) and Kazinsky (EastEnders) are Kili and Fili, respectively, McTavish is Dwalin, Callen is Oin, Hunter is Bombur, Hadlow is Dori, and Hambleton is Gloin. Consider them the Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan of this endeavor

From the lovely Ign we know there is Bilbo and the dwarves cast. Ian is coming back I do believe as well. Glorious!
Oh and what's this?

According to Bleeding Cool (via the Doctor Who News Page), Sylvester McCoy appeared at the Armageddon Expo in Auckland over the weekend where he announced to fans that he's been offered the role of the wizard Radagast The Brown, but has not yet signed a contract.

I have to admit that has made me smile.

Also, it's staying in New Zealand, so lovely views right there. And let's hope for this 2012 release date!

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: The Hobbit is coming finallly
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:02:03 am »
I predict this movie is not going to live up to the standards of the Lord of the Rings Films. Jackson doesn't have mega action scenes to play with or setting up a massive story and world, so he has to focus on other things such as Characterisation and good writing etc. So this film will not have the same effect on audiences as it's predecessors as it's not as epic a story

Also, I don't think Martin Freeman is the right actor for Bilbo in my opinion, because I only see him as a clueless, hero who just about gets there if you know what I mean. I dont think he can properly be a leading man in a film

But that's only my opinion, I hope I get proved wrong when it comes out

Wolfboy

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:03:29 am »
That's great news!
I wonder who is goïng to play Gandalf

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 12:04:56 am »
I predict this movie is not going to live up to the standards of the Lord of the Rings Films. Jackson doesn't have mega action scenes to play with or setting up a massive story and world, so he has to focus on other things such as Characterisation and good writing etc. So this film will not have the same effect on audiences as it's predecessors as it's not as epic a story

Also, I don't think Martin Freeman is the right actor for Bilbo in my opinion, because I only see him as a clueless, hero who just about gets there if you know what I mean. I dont think he can properly be a leading man in a film

But that's only my opinion, I hope I get proved wrong when it comes out

Ah the battle of 5 armies is to die for ;)

And I think I read somewhere that Sir Ian McKellen will reprise his role! However Christopher Lee will not...not sure if they are still doing their plan of 2 parts

And Bilbo is just so clueless bless him
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:06:48 am by Turtlejosh »

Wolfboy

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:18:15 am »
I have no doubt Peter Jackson will do his best to make a great movie of John Ronald Reuel Tolkien's classic The Hobbit
Maybe it will not have the mega action scenes like in the Lord of The Rings trilogy, but if Peter Jackson stays true to the story i think there will be some magnificent moments/scenes in the movie (the climactic Battle of Five Armies, the black forest of Mirkwood with the giant spiders, the dungeons of the Wood-elves)

And if Sir Ian McKellen will reprise his role as Gandalf i have no doubts at all i'm goïng to like The Hobbit movie!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:27:28 am by Wolfboy »

Offline chado

• Globetrotter
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 12:37:47 am »
Great! I read the book and I love it! :66664333

By the way, 2012 - isn't it the year of the apocalypse? Hopefully the film will be release before the world ends.  :786

Wolfboy

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 12:50:16 am »
The apocalypse will have to wait!
I want to see The Hobbit first!

Offline chado

• Globetrotter
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 01:14:53 am »
The apocalypse will have to wait!
I want to see The Hobbit first!

In line with the prophecy the world will end as soon as your activity level reaches 100%.  

Wolfboy

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 03:20:46 pm »
In line with the prophecy the world will end as soon as your activity level reaches 100%.  

Then i better stop posting
Because i definitely want to see The Hobbit!

Offline chado

• Globetrotter
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 05:36:30 pm »

Then i better stop posting
Because i definitely want to see The Hobbit!

Nooo, don't stop! Just have a break at 99,99%.  :65

Wolfboy

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »
Nooo, don't stop! Just have a break at 99,99%.  :65

Are you sure?
Because we can't ask Gandalf to help us if i forget to take a break 99,99%

Offline RD

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 04:41:05 pm »
Nooo, don't stop! Just have a break at 99,99%.  :65

Are you sure?
Because we can't ask Gandalf to help us if i forget to take a break 99,99%
Don't worry :) Gandalf SHALL NOT LET YOU PASS(!!!!) 99.9 % ;) :345678
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:29:02 pm by RD »

Wolfboy

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 06:38:36 pm »
Don't worry :) Gandalf SHALL NOT LET YOU PASS(!!!!) 99.9 % ;) :3456788

Wolfboy: May i please pass when i reach 99.9 %?
Gandalf: Let the ring-bearer decide
Frodo: Yes he may
Gandalf: so be it
Wolfboy: Thank you!!
Gandalf: Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs when you pass 99.9 %

Offline chado

• Globetrotter
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 11:44:15 am »
:543  :2345 By the way, who of you read the book "The Hobbit"? I found it was like a little "Lord of the Rings" - if you don't have to time to read the Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit is a great choice. ^^

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 11:47:29 am »
I've read The Hobbit, the 3 Lord of the Rings, Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales.

In my opinion, The Hobbit is the worst of them, but it is still a great book, with a light story, less epic than the other books.
A nova geração.